Issue after Joomla 3.2 upgrade

10 years 5 months ago #7228 by Saka
Hello,

1. Ajax validation on form no more working after joomla 3.2 upgrade, is there an issue ?

Fixed. Thanks for reporting.

2. but in France we have date format like 01/12/2013 can you please make it available in backend on date field option.

Unfortunately, due to limitation in Joomla / PHP only these formats would be allowed: www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.date.php

3. on default view on line 89 you set to show only input with label attached to it, is it possible to separate label so that i can style it with bootstrap.

Not sure what you mean exactly. If you can explain some more. Note that you can always do a template override for your own design.

4. from joomla 3.1.5+ we have possibility to set password length, but ajax register still control only old  4 character limit.

Added support for that now, thanks.

Please download the new version and update.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #7229 by vinod
1. Thanks for fast update on this my first and rapid try this morning it works perfectly  :)

2. i don't get it i use other extensions and it was never problem
www.php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php .

you have it already in Ajax register like MM/DD/YYYY i only want to convert it as DD/MM/YYYY that will really solve my problem.  :-\

3. Yes i did template override and my labels are wrapped with span4 and inputs are wrapped with span8 as per bootstrap standard. the only hidden input field is not set the same way in you script
on default view on line 89.

so as i cannot style the label span4 because it is not in view, so the output gives label + input for hidden field in span8.

what you have right now in default view
==================================
<?php if ($field->hidden):// If the field is hidden, just display the input.?>
<?php echo $field->input;?>
<?php else:?>

what will solve my problem
==================================
<?php if ($field->hidden):// If the field is hidden, just display the input.?>
[glow=red,2,300]<?php echo $field->label;?>[/glow]
<?php echo $field->input;?>
<?php else:?>

so that i can style it as below:

<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="span4"><?php echo $field->label;?></div>
<div class="span8"><?php echo $field->input;?></div>
</div>

4. you are the best it is working now  :)

10 years 5 months ago #7230 by Saka
2. Joomla uses PHP DateTime class to generate date from saved string. It will not understand DD/MM/YYYY because it's not valid localization format per www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.date.php and will return error.

In order to avoid that I would have to unnecessarily duplicate much of the code. You have similar format DD.MM.YYYY , also DD-MM-YYYY would be possible to add.

3. Still don't get it. This is only for hidden fields. Which field exactly do you get this problem with?
The layout is directly from Joomla's default users component layout. And it can be overridden so you add that label in your own override if you really need to.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

10 years 5 months ago #7231 by vinod
2. ok i can understand you cannot set it up this way,
if i use calendar on date field in registration form it give date format dd-mm-yyyy that will do. but people who type directly in the input of date field like dd/mm/yyyy and if they save the form when rest of the form filled correctly it return joomla default error page with ERROR 0. the user is still created.

3. let it go i found the solution by looking it with firebug  ;). anyway my fault didn't saw it before.

New-

after last ajax register upgrade the radio button show green check icon after every option  :(

10 years 5 months ago #7232 by Saka
2 maybe we should disable the field so users can not enter any text manually, only by using the calendar. That would eliminate chance for errors.

3 that's actually bug in Joomla which I now have to overcome.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #7233 by vinod
2. only using by calendar sounds good, need to see how you are going to implement that  :)

3. good luck with that, in other words if it is bug in joomla may be that will be corrected in next update from joomla.

thanks for your rapid support.

Also Ajax register is supported by Imaqma Helpdesk V4.1.1, on ticket view you can set to show user information from Ajax Register instead of Joomla default or other extensions.

Anybody want to use Ajax register with Helpdesk may like to know.

also i will like to know if it is possible to import users i need to import 13000 users from csv file i bought joomlarra import export extension which import users in joomla but need to fill extra user information in ajax register extra fields

i also posted in there forum asking support for ajax register watting for reply

Also After 3.2 upgrade Question and answers Captacha is not working any wrong answer pass in validation

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch